Have you changed your smartphone and lost the whatsapp messages? Now, you need the messages in your new smartphone. So, how to restore whatsapp old messages in new android smartphone.
Restore WhatsApp Messages: When you get a new phone & a new number?
So, you need to restore the old chat history. If you are wise then I am sure that you have set automatic backup feature on whatsapp to your Google drive. If it is then restoring old chat history will be easy. If you have don’t take the backup then check your old phone, is there any backup file available in whatsapp folder? If there is available then you can take the backup file to your new phone and then restore it from the new phone.
Solution 1: Restore old chat history from Google drive
- Go to the apps manager and uninstall the whatsapp messenger
- Then reinstall the messenger and sign in your account
- There will be a pop up message which will show you a message restore your backup file from Google drive.
- Tab the restore button and wait a several minute.
- All the old chat history will be restored from Google drive. You are now ready to go.
Solution 2: Transfer old backup files to your new device
- Go to your old device at file manager.
- There you will get a folder named whatsapp.
- Transfer the whole folder in your new device.
- Then restore the old chat from it.
Is some one disturbed you on whatsapp? Blocked the contact from whatsapp; know how to block someone from whatsapp.
Solution 3: If you have mistakenly deleted old chats, but you want that back now then follow the process. You could get the deleted file by using Android photo recover software. Just follow the steps and restored deleted whatsapp message without backup
1. First download the android photo recovery software and install it to your PC. Then connect your device to PC with USB cable.
2. Set up your android device to enable USB debugging mode: For Android 4.2 or newer. Go to the phone setting then pick about section then tab the build number until your device is in developer mode. Then again go to settings and click developer options then tab USB debugging.
3. After debugging you device will be detected by Android photo recover software. Choose the file that you want to resort on whatsapp. Then click next to recover those files.
3. There will be a pop-up message appear which will ask your permission. You should allow it to install FonePaw app via USB, there you have to allow to access phone storage too.
4. It will scan, so it will take time. After getting recoverable data it will show you the data. If you want to recover whatsapp chat history then click whatsapp and you can preview read deleted message on whatsapp. Choose which data you want to recover on your computer. Then click recover button and within few min. you can restore your whatsapp deleted messages from your android.
Now transfer the data to your device.
Note: If you have not able to get the data that you want, then you have to go for deep scan to recover that.
So, these were the method for how to restore WhatsApp messages when you get a new phone & a new number. Have you face any problems there, feel free to ask.
Image credit: recovery-android.com