Facebook is now most popular social communication site around the world. Mark Zuckerberg has created the most popular social media site on February 2004. The Facebook was created only for college students attending specific schools. Then after 10 months Facebook have reached one million of its users. Facebook nearly reached 2 billion users according to the researcher data of 2019. In these, fourteen years Facebook have bought and owned many companies and apps.
Top Companies & Apps bought by Facebook
According the data of Wikipedia, we can said that Facebook have owned of 82 companies and apps till 2019. Now, Facebook is becoming a giant company day by day. We have collected here the best purchasing & valuable companies & apps. Follow the below list.
- Instagram: Instagram is the most popular video and photo sharing app. In 2012 Facebook bought it at $1 billion. Now its value is $100 billion and it generates the maximum advertising revenue for Facebook.
- WhatsApp: WhatsApp is the most popular messenger app around the world. This app allow users to send unlimited messages to contact without using having data. The mobile application is also ad-free. But they will charge a subscription fee after first year. This most popular app was bought by Facebook on February 19, 2014. They have paid $19 billion to the founder of WhatsApp Jan Koum and Brian Acton.
- Oculus VR: Oculus VR is the leader VR in virtual reality. Facebook bought this on 2014 at $2.3 billion. The most popular product of Oculus is Oculus Rift. And the latest product is Oculus Go.
- FriendFeed: FreindFeed draw an aggregator information form social media sites, blogs, articles, and RSS feeds. Facebook has bought this company in 2008 for $47.5 million. This company is the first few companies where Facebook have invested.
- Ascenta: Ascenta is the drone manufacturing company. Facebook has purchased this company in 2014 for less than $20 million.
- LiveRail: LiveRail is the monetize platform for video publishers. They have made the checkpoint system which filters out ads for tobacco, alcohol and other age-limited products. They filter out from restricted accounts specially who are under 18 years old. Facebook bought this company in 2014. The amount has not published but guesstimates are between $400 million to $500 million.
- ProtoGeo: ProteGeo is the health and fitness company. Facebook owned this company at 2014 but the amount of buying has not published yet.
- Vidpresso: Vidpresso is a video software company. By an undisclosed sum Facebook owned this company in 2018.
- Redkix: In 2019 Facebook purchased a messaging app for $100 million and that company is Redkix.
Facebook is becoming a giant company day by day. In the last 15 years, Facebook has owned many apps and companies. We can surely said that the number can increase in future.